Magnolia

magnoliaWhy is it that summer and winter seem so long while spring and fall are gone in the blink of an eye? When cool days arrive, Magnolia is the simple wrap I’ll grab to throw over my shoulders. You don’t have to know me well to know this color is a bold departure, but I love the way it looks with denim!

The pattern is written for the wrap shown here and for a skinnier scarf.

Learn more about Magnolia or purchase a pdf pattern by following the Ravelry link below.

ravelry shop

pin it, post it, tweet it, like it...
Pin on PinterestShare on TumblrTweet about this on TwitterShare on Facebook

10 Responses to Magnolia

1. Patty says:

Love your Magnolia Scarf. Color does look great with the faded denim. How do I get the pattern?

• Kim says:

Thanks! Magnolia and most of the other new patterns will begin shipping to shops in the next couple of weeks. They’ll also be rolled out in my Ravelry shop throughout the summer.

2. Eileen says:

Be sure to let us know when the new patterns go up- I have to have this one!

• Kim says:

Patterns started shipping to shops this week. Look for PDF downloads to begin appearing at large online retailers like Webs, Dream Weaver and Kyarns. And first up on my Ravelry shop yesterday was Mabel, a sweet little pair of felted slippers.

3. caitlin Lettman says:

This is a very stupid? , but here goes. In the pattern it says to always knit the fir
    st 3 stitches. Do i add 3 stitches or do i just knit 3 even though the pattern reads differently? ? Basic? , but i can not start until i figure this out. Thanks so much and have a wonderful day.

• Kim says:

I’m a little confused, but I think what you’re referring to is where the pattern says: “Cont even in flame chevron working 3 sts at beg and end of overy row in garter stitch…” If I’m guessing correctly, that means you will knit 3, then work the flame chevron until you get to the last 3 stitches, then knit the last 3 sts. You will not have to add any extra sts. As long as you CO the correct number of sts and worked the bobble edge correctly, you have the number of sts you need to do this. So, you’ll have 3 sts of garter st at each edge as a border to the flame chevron. If you have any other questions email me directly kim@dolcehandknits.com

4. caitlin Lettman says:

Here i go again. When i get to the end of a row & i need to knit 3 for my border i have 4 sts.left & if i ssk i have 2 sts.left for the border or if i do not follow pattern i have 4 sts left. Am i not meant to knit or what! !

5. Karen says:

Which color Lark yarn was the shawl in the photo? is it winesap or rose rugosa?

love the shade!